This event would be impossible to run without the help of an amazing group of volunteers. There are a variety of roles throughout the weekend at Hayling Island and at Pagham which we need committed, enthusiastic people to fill. These include:
- General Event Volunteers: There to help out wherever they can, e.g. directing participants and visitors, handing out refreshments, supporting safety team (Hayling Island and Pagham)
- Parking Assistance: Helping to manage parking, check pre-purchased parking permits and allocate overnight or short term spaces accordingly. (Hayling Island)
- Campsite Assistance: Coordinating the campsite, check off campers as they arrive, hand out wristbands and allocate car and camping spaces. (Hayling Island)
- Registration: Registering participant kitesurfers as they arrive, inputing information into system and handing out wristbands and event rash vests. (Hayling Island)
- Kitesurfing related stewarding: H Experienced kitesurfers to help out on the beach, mainly launching and landing kites under the supervision of Chris Bull (CBK) and Andy Gratwick (BKSA). (Hayling Island and Pagham)
- Landing Point Check In: Checking in participants as they land in Pagham, input information into system and collect GPS. (Pagham)
- Transport Manager and support staff: Coordinate bus transfers from Pagham back to Hayling Island. (Pagham)
- Drivers: Driving VIP’s in event Volvo’s from Pagham to Hayling.
- Bag and Kit Management: Managing collection and hand out labelled bags for kit safe keeping. (Hayling Island)
- Festival Entrance: Helping collect a small donation of festival visitors and hand out wristbands.
- Bar Work: Working behind the bar at the festival. (Hayling Island)
- Merchandise Stall: Helping sell festival T-shirts and other merchandise (Hayling Island)
What do you get in return for your help
We will cover up to £20 a day expenses to help towards petrol, food on site etc. Free entrance to the festival, free parking, an event T-shirt / rash vest and our undying gratitude!
Please go to Volunteer Registration if you would like to get involved! Thank you.